23 September 2009

paint and prints.

First and foremost, I would like to say that spray paint is entirely underrated. If it weren't for spray paint, there is no way I could redecorate and remain with in my budgetary limitations. I cannot tell you how many times I've reused lamps, shelves, frames, curtain rods, hardware, just by harnessing the magic that is spray paint. My love of spray paint started about 9 years ago, and it has blossomed into one of the greatest affairs of all time. I am amazed how in 9 years, the breadth of available colors has exploded. If it's a color you can think up, they make it in an aerosol can. My sister even spray painted a ceiling fan bright candy apple red. AND...it looks great! Take my word for it, it's a DIYer's dream.

Secondly, I finally settled on a poster for a huge blank space above the chairs in the basement. I got it here at How Fabulous Designs' etsy shop. In terms of this house, I think it, really, just sums it up. It is the final piece I'll be needing. The floor will hopefully be put down this weekend, and then I can begin the fun part!

C'ya!

1 comment:

Thank you for leaving a comment! You are funky fresh!