06 January 2011

Update: on progress...

Okay, so, I'm getting some makeover help from sweet Heather over at "Blessed Little Nest".  If you don't know Heather, pop over and say hello.

Photobucket

She will make you smile.  Anywho, that will begin on Monday, so there will be some delay in the new layout.

Also, I'm going to keep at the ole blog until I don't.  I'm hoping as our house finally gets settled, I will discover new fervor for blogging.  I don't ever want to feel like it is an obligation.

Thirdly, I was going to share with you a few things that are giving me good vibes as of late.

Number 1:
I love Disney's Robin Hood.  It is one of my favorites.  Roger Miller's Alan-a-Dale is arguably one of the most delightful, most memorable Disney characters EVER.  Well, the other day, while meandering through 'Mumford & Sons' and 'The Avett Brothers' You Tube vids {both of which are all I've been listening to the past several weeks, sad but true}, I found a gem.

Those young boys from England are something else.  They recorded 'Not in Nottingham'.  Brilliant. Brilliant. Brilliant.


Why, if I was about 12 years younger, not married, no kids, and had absolutely nothing else keeping my back in the Lou, I'd have to find those young Brits and hug them tight.  Real tight.  And thank them for plucking and crooning just the way I like. Then, I would marry Marcus.  The End.

Number 2:
We received a really cool wedding gift almost 11 years ago.  A vintage, green vinyl, double wide, chaise lounger with a reclining and vibrating mechanism that actually still works.  It never found a place in our 2 previous homes, mostly due to space restrictions.

But, in the new abode it has been resurrected from storage.


It has already brought much joy to our family.  Acutally, I'm sick of feeling the floor shaking all the way in the kitchen because of the vibrating feature.  The littles think it is pure genius.  Eventually, I would love to have it recovered in white vinyl, but that is a LONG way off.  Disabling all of the mechanical features may be a nice way to go, too.

Number 3:
Several little painting projects are keeping me quite occupied, but I'll have to say, the piece that is getting a coat of this green is really making me happy.  


And, I thought it wasn't easy being green?!?!?!

P.S.  Have I ever told you about affinity for mini paint rollers?  Whomever thought of those deserves a big trophy.

I know it must be killing some of you not to see photos of the house, and all I can tell you is, it's SLOW GOING.  That is really difficult for me to deal with, but I know when it's done, it will be so worth it. 

Thanks for the encouraging words the other day, and thanks for sticking with me.  Because sometimes...I am a loser.  And, that is okay. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! You are funky fresh!