11 September 2010

Inspiration.


Because I feel like my house is all topsy-turvy {oh, wait...it IS}, I decided to treat myself to some sunflowers.

Since all of my vases are packed, I threw them in this old milk bottle from the dairy that Jake's great-grandparents owned or something.

I love that milk bottle.

I love red.  The irony is that there is no red in our current house.

I love that sometimes, something so simple can be so inspiring.

So, I've decided this is my inspiration for the new-to-us house.  My go-to when I'm stuck.

I love the colors represented...yellow, blue, green, red, and plenty of light.

My intention is to bring a bit of each color into every room.

Color is happiness.

Now, let's see if I can pull it off.

UPDATE:  I did NOT forget 9/11.  It's just my head has been up my arse, lately, and I didn't blog about it.  Normally, I would have.  I apologize.  

Just know, I haven't forgotten.  

I will never forget.  

I could tell you exactly what I was doing that morning.  I was in the bathroom getting ready to go to work, Jake and Baby Jake had already left for work/babysitter; aka Grandma.  I heard the anchor woman say there was an plane crash in NYC, and went into the living room.

I witnessed the second plane hit.  Live.  Right in front of my eyes.  It was unbelievable.  I honestly thought something must be wrong with JFK's control tower or something.  

I will never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! You are funky fresh!