05 August 2010

Crazy hot.

I think the heat is getting to everyone in the Lou.

Really.

It's been around 100 on the thermometer, with a heat index of about 115.

Here's the thing about Saint Louis heat...HUMIDITY.

It's brutal.

When you go outside, it almost feels like the oxygen is sucked right out of the air.  Leaving nothing remotely close to replenishing or breathable gas.

It's baking making everyone a bit loopy.

Case in point...


Yesterday, we took the kiddos to 'The Cupcakery' in the Central West End.

On the way back to the car, in the sticky hot wetness of the mid-western humid heat, we saw this sandwich board outside of a restaurant.

Now, I'm all about sick humor, but something about his particular sign struck me as, well...heat crazed.

I don't know about you, but I'm not into sipping 'housemade lemonade' {which I'm sure is delicious}
while sensationalizing the smells and sights {eek!} of 'swamp ass'.

Something about that seems all wrong.

I don't know how well their humorous tactic of luring the customers in will work.  But, I got a good laugh!

Oh, the sarcasm.

So, I'm thinking the heat swelled the brain of this said sign maker a bit too much this time.

P.S. I wish I could say that sign was Photoshopped, but you just can't make that kind of stuff up.

1 comment:

  1. Just found your blog, super funny!! I love the swamp ass sign! I want one for my office. They know who they are... ;o)

    Your kids are super cute. I'm glad I ran across you!
    Caryl

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! You are funky fresh!