26 July 2010

Phew!


Our basement bathroom was the last of the ugly in our house.

And, I'm happy to report it is gone!  Finally!

It was clean, but dingy, dated, and depressing.


See what I mean?  {By the way, we don't normally keep our toliet in the shower.}

After a few hundred bucks, and 5 hours of elbow grease...

VOILA!




I don't usually do the 'theme' thing, but since this is in the basement where the playroom/rec room and the boys' bedroom is I thought it should be fun.

I knew I wanted to stick with the color scheme down there of turquoise, yellow, lime, & orange {as seen here}.  But, didn't really have a plan past that.

My momma found a white shower curtain several months ago at Target for around $8.  It was the perfect canvas for some fun applique; a simple fish and some bubbles.

50% off letters from Hobby Lobby and a bit of spray paint made for cute wall decor.  I grabbed a discounted canvas from Hobby Lobby, too, and painted a messy little sun on it.

Aside from those items and the toilet, vanity, sink, faucet, and paint {all from Home Depot & Lowe's}...everything else came from Target:  shower curtain rod, curtain hooks, towels, rugs, towel bars, tp holder, soap pump, trash can, toothbrush holder.  EVERYTHING!

Lucky for me, it's back to college time, and all that stuff is mad cheap.  $3 towels, $3.49 bathroom accessories, etc.  Hooray for me!

I didn't snap a photo of it, but I made a curtain out of a turquoise flat sheet {also from Target} and appliqued some abstract waves on it to cover the linen closet behind the bathroom door.  It matches the wall color perfectly and gives it a nice tone on tone look.

Pretty white baseboards get put in this week, and then it is really, REALLY done!

Bottom line:  this was a cheap & easy transformation that instantly updated our 1990 bathroom.  The kids love it, I love it, Jake loves it!

Everyone's happy.

The end!

5 comments:

  1. You need to come give me some decor tips...Im in need of color. Also I have your hair clips ready! -Hollie

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!!! that is the cutest thing I have seen in a long while. LOVE LOVE it.. Man our bathroom here could use some of that lift and fun.
    Staci

    ReplyDelete
  3. and I LOVE it too!!!
    Blessings!
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your bathroom is funky fresh. I love it! (And I'm jealous!)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! You are funky fresh!