12 November 2009

My Christmas list.

Before you go all nuts on me for making a Christmas list, let me tell you here and now, that I haven't made a bonafide Christmas list since I was probably 13.  Maybe younger.  Jake and I don't even really exchange gifts.  As for my folks, they give us the same thing every year.  A very generous, very much apprecitaed family check.  Jake's folks usually give us a very thougthful 'family' gift that is equally appreciated.  So, you see, there really isn't a need for a list.  Nor do I ever want enough stuff to warrant one.  I mean, not REALLY want it, anyway.  Not enough to procure a list.  But, if I was asked to make a list, this would be what was on it.  Now, I know for a fact that I will never get everything on this list.  Some things are just too far out of reach for any one person, but a Christmas list should be full of unattainable things.  Right?  That being said, I think anything is fair game on a Christmas list.
Hope you enjoy, because I sure enjoyed thinkin' it up. 


#1 World Peace


#2 Kitchen-aid stand mixer in Marth Stewart blue


#3 Clean water for every world citizen


#4 Pentax SMC P-FA 50mm f1.4 lens (P.S. Reviews say the comparable Nikon and Canon lenses look 'dated' in comparison, but i'm just sayin'.)


#5 Cuisinart ice-cream maker
(It also does gelato, frozen yogurt, sorbet, and sherbet in, like, 30 min.)



#6 True happiness for all

#7 stove-top grill (for the cold months)


#8 Tom's Navy canvas shoes (Don't forget; for every pair you buy, a pair gets donated to someone in desperate need of shoes.  Sweet.)


cropped form "The Light of the World" by William Hollman Hunt circa 1853-54
Incidentally, I saw the life-size version in real life which hangs
is St.Paul's Cathedral in London, and let me tell you, it's a world rocker, that painting.

#9 Jesus in everyone's heart (Pretty simple, right?  Afterall, He's why we get to make these lists in the first place.)


3 comments:

  1. fun! It's always good to have a wish list!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it. Especially the martha stewart blue mixer. oh, i mean world peace and happiness for all. Oh, who am I kidding, I want the mixer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. just got the 50mm lens. it ROCKS. totally worth it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! You are funky fresh!