14 July 2009

recharged.




We're baaaaaaaa-ack! In less than 48 hours, I feel like my batteries are back to full charge. It has been a long time coming. I certainly don't feel like I deserve a weekend away any more than anyone else, but it sure was delightful. Our friends are hilarious. The food was good (the olive cheese bread from 'The Pioneer Woman' was fantastic). The downtime was plentiful. Such a marvelous time.

But, I will (un)shamefully admit, that by the time we hit Six Flags on 44 (a landmark about 20 minutes away from home), I started to get butterflies. I was crawling outta my skin to see the kids. When we pulled in the driveway, Rosie came barrelling out of the front door in her underpants in the pouring rain just to give my a hug. Swoon! It was just the homecoming I needed.

Getting away is great, but it's the coming home is soooo much better!


Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! You are funky fresh!