07 July 2009

Make new friends, but keep the old.

photo circa 2000
Is there anything nicer than catching up with old friends? I don't know about you, but I benefit from surrounding myself with strong women. The ladies in the picture above were very important people in my life, years ago, from college. We were all communication disorder/speech & language majors. Between clinic, classes, and "recreational" activities, we were together a lot. A LOT! But, inevitably, life happens. Careers, marriages, babies. Fast forward almost 10 years later, and enter the fabulous, social-networking prowess of Facebook, and you have 3 old friends chowing on Mexican cuisine and talking as though they've never been apart. It was magic I tell ya, pure magic. Magic to catch up with these great girls. Magic on an ordinary Monday evening. I can't wait until next month, girls!

Here's to ole pals!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! You are funky fresh!