07 May 2009

a stunner.

I think I am a wedding/party/baby naming nut because it is a chance for some one's tastes and personality to translate itself into something greater than the sum of its parts. I am always captivated by bold choices. I may not always like them, but I appreciate them nonetheless. So far, I'm the only person I've come across that is willing to defend the name Gwyneth Paltrow chose for her daughter, Apple. I certainly wouldn't name my child after a fruit, but I admire the choice and the reasons behind it.

So, where was I?

Right...so, I am always struck by any of the things mentioned above when they are a bit different. This particular "thing" (a wedding), caught my eye because of the dress. It is stunning. I have never seen anything like it. The photos that followed were equally striking, and I thought I would share.

I love, love, love the cake. Each tier is covered with edible black & white images of the couple. Fantastic! I want to get married again just to have a cake like that.

*photographs by Luna Photography*




See more of this beautiful celebration here.

Peace.

6 comments:

  1. i love the dress, i love the colors, i love the brides maids' dresses (and gloves), i love the cake, i love the bride's head piece, i love, love, love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yeah, that last comment was from me...
    -jilly

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY GOD!!!!!! HOW AWESOME! JUST THINK OF THE HEADS THAT WOULD TURN IF WE COULD DO OUR WEDDNINGS ALL OVER AGAIN! I LOVE HOW YOU FIND THIS STUFF!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOOPS THAT WAS FROM ME! MRS. LEWIS

    ReplyDelete
  5. i don't even care about this stuff and i think its cool
    Signed
    Big Jake

    ReplyDelete
  6. NO YOU AREN'T! I love the name Apple. I always thought it would be cute to name twin girls Apple and Clover.

    My husband thinks I'm a nut.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! You are funky fresh!