06 May 2009

Happy Birthday, sweet Jill!


It's my sister's birthday today. She made me promise not to reveal her age, or it would be certain death to me. But, let's just say that she IS (not) younger than me. She is my only sibling, and I used to detest her. That sounds real nice, doesn't it? But, it's true. One time, on the evening of my first date with Jake, at the ripe old age of just-turned-17, we had a knock down drag out. Jake came to pick me up, and I had her jeans on that she had no intention of wearing, and she made me take them off before leaving on my date. She caused a big stink in front of Jake, embarrassed me, and made herself look like a 'bleep'. See what I mean? Then there was another time that she attacked me with her cat-like claws, so I pushed her down the basement stairs, and when she tried to come back at me like a meer cat, I did what any sensible person would do...I threw a kitchen chair down the stairs at her. I think we were 18 and 20 at the time. (Whoops, did I just unintentionally reveal her age?)

That was then...this is now. I love my sister. She is a GREAT sister, an awesome mom, a thoughtful daughter, an attentive wife, and a top-notch friend. We do just about everything together. She married Jake's best friend, my boys were born just weeks before her two kids, we have breakfast every Wednesday, and talk on the phone about 3-5 times a day. I cannot imagine us living apart (we live within 5 miles of each other now). Did I mention she is my very own personal shopper?

S0, happy birthday, Jilly-bean! I love you!

Psssst, she's 33!

1 comment:

  1. hey, ya "bleep" i thought you weren't going to reveal my age!! thank you for all the nice things you said about me though. And, even though i'm not touchy feely, not sentimental, not emotional, or any of those other things, i wanted to tell you that i love you and that i so value the realtionship we have now. my life would not be what it is without you... figuratively and literally!
    -jill

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! You are funky fresh!