23 March 2009

What?


I am one of those kind of people that goes nuts when she finds out that some woman had her baby in a toilet because she didn't know she was pregnant. Or, the person who gets super pis**ed when she hears of someone who didn't realize they were pregnant until 3-4 months later. Uh, hello, what the h-e-double-hockey-sticks?!

Recently, I started watching the program "I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant" on Discovery Health Channel. This may be the first and last time you will EVER hear me say this, but I was completely wrong in thinking it is impossible to not know. That being said, let me just clarify, that it seems to me that the majority of the women are overweight, at a menopausal age, or have significantly irregular periods (like, a period 1-4 times a year).

Now, I gotta tell you that, personally, I think it would be fantastic to be told, "Honey, your about 39 weeks pregnant, and those stomach cramps you've been having are really contractions. So, let's have a baby!" I mean, seriously, you get to skip all that anticipation and the physical symptoms that are sometimes worsened by our psyche (nausea, fatigue, back and pelvic pain). That would be sweet. Just about the only thing I would miss would be the big, round belly, and feeling all those amazing kicks.

Incidentally, I think that I am watching waaaaaay too much of this show, because the other night I had a very vivid dream that I started feeling fetal movement. The kind that is so intense you can, literally, distinguish what body part it must have been that skimmed the whole of your abdomen. So, I told Jake, and we went to the doctor. They told me I was between 22-24 weeks pregnant.

Yeah, I think I need to cool it with Discovery Health for awhile.
Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! You are funky fresh!