28 December 2008

Ridiculously long Christmas re-cap.

Christmas Eve was celebrated with my mom's side at the hall at my Grandma Mary's nursing home. We eat, play 'rob your neighbor', the kids run around, eat some more, and just have a good time. This year my Grandma was very sick, so, the general Gubser splendor was a bit dim, but considering the circumstances, it is understandable.

Santa came to visit the whole family Christmas Eve. It was super-duper because we were all able to get family photos with him; all eight families. I don't know where Santa gets his patience. But, come on, the guy is magic, right?

In this photo, lil' Miss Kate wasn't havin' it. Sam did his best to get her to pose and smile, but, oh well. That's how it goes sometimes!

Christmas morning the kids tore into their gifts.
Having little ones makes Christmas so magical. It is truly awesome to watch them experience Christmas magic.

This was my favorite present that Santa brought. Betsy got these little people. I think that Santa enlisted the help of Etsy seller Too Cute. She even threw in an extra little baby. These will inspire many moments of imaginative play.


Then we went to Jake's folks' house. More presents. More excitement. But then...

disaster struck. Betsy barfed all over the table. Jake brought us home. She then proceeded to chuck about 12-15 more times. Merry Christmas, Betsy! Needless to say, she was absolutely pathetic.

Finally, I will leave you with an image of the iPod that my husband so generously bestowed to me.

What can I say?

I will attempt to articulate my feelings on this one. First off, I must tell you that I am a psycho-obsessive, lover of music. All kinds, but mostly indie stuff. This is my first iPod so, naturally, I am amazed at it's capabilities, and stunned with awe to finally have one. It is even orange, my favorite.

Second, I should share a little background. The family joke around here is that all of the women in my family keep a certain part of their spouses anatomy in a jar. Meaning: we are in charge. Generally speaking, I guess this is true. Okay, so, I know this is true. Anywho, my dear husband got the back of my trusty iPod engraved. Some of you may be horrified at the inscription, but I am mostly impressed. It's one thing to put, 'I love you', or 'you are the music in my heart', or something equally lame, but he came up with something personal, hilarious, and, for us, quite endearing.

...'til Tuesday

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! You are funky fresh!