08 December 2008

my sunday. sunday. sunday.

These are reasons I DON'T like Christmas...
Traumatizing the kids (just Betsy & Rosie this year) to get the mandatory Sandy Claws shot. I kind of like a Santa picture when the kiddos are crying, but I feel sorry for them when they actually have to stay on that strange man's lap to get the actual shot.

I also hate when the whole outside of your house is decorated, and you have nothing to put on your front door, because you have wreaths everywhere else, and if you put a wreath on the front door, too, it would look like a wreath factory blew up. (I love run-on sentences.) Maybe ribbon to make it look like a package, or leave it alone, or jingle bells? I'm also thinking the wreaths on the windows need a shwoopy bow or something. I will obsess over this until I can come up with something. Psycho? Yes.
I also really need to get a printer because I HATE, HATE, HATE hand addressing all of our Christmas cards. Then I could print out cute labels using my computer address book. That's just crazy talk though, because I assure you we will probably never get a printer. Have you seen our computer?

However, I am quickly reminded of why I love Christmas, like when you take your kids to 'Cheeburger, Cheeburger' after their Santa visit, and everyone uses good manners and eats all of their food, and generally, just enjoys themselves and their family. That is God hard at work. And, after all, He is why we celebrate this blessed of all days anyway.

I also love Christmas decor, and love it even more when I conjure up a cute and utterly inexpensive way to jazz something up with a little holiday bling. Scrapbook paper cut in circles (or snowflakes if you're feeling extra ambitious), clear thread, and greenery scraps make for one mean looking holiday chandelier. And, bling-a-ding-ding, all of the paper is sparkly.
So, everyone, rest assured, I do not dislike Christmas for all of the inevitable commercial hype that was created to directly satiate the corporate greed (circling us all like a hungry vulture waiting to devour it's prey) that is a direct result of our corrupt capitalistic society.

No, no.

I sometimes just feel stretched too thin doing the things I feel like I HAVE to do when it comes to this time of year, that's all. But when it is all said and done, I wouldn't want it any other way.

let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! You are funky fresh!