20 April 2010

Does he know me or what?

This morning, as I sat here paying bills,
I was overcome with a deep satisfaction.
No, not by the remaining balance, but of how well my husband knows me.
As our 10th wedding anniversary approaches,
we decided on a simple gathering of family & friends.
Sitting outside beside a fire enjoying their company
over good food & drink.
Basically, what our ten years together have been all about.
Family, friends, togetherness.

Of course, we all have dreams.
Dreams of what an occasion of such significance
(and, this day and age 10 years is quite significant...which is totally sad)
could be if money, babysitters, and general guilt weren't an issue.
But, 'issues' they always seem to be.

Enter:
 super-duper-master-of-compromise-knows-just-what-I'd-love
husband-father-extraordinaire.

He announced a surprise.
A big one.

He's taking me to Louisville to see 'The Swell Season' on May 29th.
Just days before our anniversary.
We're staying in an awesome hotel for an incredible deal
 just a block away from the venue.

Overall, I'm just amazed.
Amazed how incredible this little road-trip with him will be,
amazed at how lucky I am,
amazed at how well he knows me
to plan such a trip,
amazed at how resilient we are together,
amazed at how much we've been through in 10 years
(more than some couples in their lifetime),
amazed at the family we've created,
amazed at our over abundance of blessings,
amazed at how much he still loves me and I him.
Just amazed.

So, to recap...

US

PLUS HERE

PLUS THEM

{MORE SPECIFICALLY HIM}

EQUALS THIS

I CANNOT wait!!!

4 comments:

  1. Awh Congrats! That's awesome. Hope you guys have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made me smile. Congrats on Ten Years!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Precious POST... Made me smile right on the inside.. Sometimes a girl just needs to get away with her man.. You guys have a wonderful time..
    Staci

    ReplyDelete
  4. All I want to know is....... Does this mean no party:(? I am so happy for you and know you guys will have a Great time! The Hotel looks FABO! Love, Mrs. Lewis

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! You are funky fresh!