20 October 2009

Christmas: begun

Okay, so, is this weird?

For a Christmas present to both, my folks and Jake's, I want to get our families photographed. (And, yes, I realize they will find out when they read this, but it really couldn't be a secret, now could it?) 

So, it would play out like this...
On the day my side went, we would do some pictures with my sister, my parents, and me.  Some with my parents and all of their grandchildren, some of just the kids, some with Jake and my brother-in-law, Brent.  Some of just my folks. 
You get the idea.
Then on the day with Jake's side, it would be more of the same.

Are you all feeling this?

Is this a weird gift to give our parents?

Is it too much of a gift for myself, too?

Seriously, I cannot tell you the last time I had a family photo taken with my parents and sister. 


Hey, Mom, did we ever get one?  I mean besides the church directory in 1989?


I would, normally, be inclined to hire Miss Laura Siebert again, BUT the purse strings won't allow it just now.  I am hunting for an affordable, friendly, semi-professional photog, who will put up with the craziness that will most certainly ensue on these 2 days of photographable mayhem.  Seriously, they're going to have to be beyond capable with some major photo editing because we are all certifiably nutso.  And, I would love, love, love to wrap this project up before Thanksgiving, so that I can present the final images by Christmastime. 

I don't want anything stuffy, formal, or JC Penny-ish.  Just us.  ALL of us! 

I am, totally, digging the following images...


image via Lot116 Photography








All of these ideas leave me here...
I would really love to hire a friend of a friend who takes really nice photographs.  (That sentence reminds me of "Bueller, Bueller, Bueller...?".  Am I the only one?)  
Anywho, I'm still awaiting word from her, but I hope it works out.

Would love to hear what you think, and to hear if you have any other parent gift suggestions!
Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. I have a friend who does great photography - her website - staceycoxphotography.com
    She's here in St. Louis and pretty affordable... You could email or call and ask her about it.
    Also, Brenda Shelton (the one who did Shannon's pics) would probably be a good place to start. Her photos are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to suggest Brenda Shelton. I went to school with her and her pictures are beautiful. She is on Facebook if you would like see them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My cousin's wife does photography and since we have 96 grandchildren on that side of the family, she could handle anything you throw at her! (Robin Frisella Photography)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think it's a strange idea at all. We did this one year for my mother-in-law's birthday (gave her an empty picture frame as her gift) and she LOVED it. I also have a friend who takes really great pictures and is actually good friends with Christine Plamann. Kind of her understudy, I suppose you could say. Her website is keridummerthphotography.blogspot.com if you want to take a look. Her email address is on there if you're interested in prices

    ReplyDelete
  6. This would be the greatest gift ever. Tammy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! You are funky fresh!