17 June 2009

Lots to learn.

image by Thomas Northcut

Am I the only one?

Because if I am, I will feel like a bigger sack 0'crap then I already do.

I have difficulties letting go, and letting God. I know in my heart of hearts that He will take over whatever I give over to Him, but it's hard sometimes.

Holy banana crackers, I am such a control freak.

Isn't it Psalms 46:10..."Be still, and know that I am God..."?

It's the 'be still' part that I have the problem with.

Puh-leez, tell me I'm not alone in this. I need your support.

Thank you.


*****

On a completely different note, I have started trying to learn to sew. Like REALLY sew. Clothes, quilts, totes, aprons. Lots of stuff. Let's just say that it could be going significantly worse. Here's what I've come up with so far...



And, some cute applique...I'm getting a lot better at this.


Feedback is appreciated!

3 comments:

  1. YOU SUCK! STOP MAKING THE REST OF US MOTHERES LOOK LIKE POOP! YOUR AWESOME AT ANYTHING YOU PUT YOUR HANDS ON!

    THE WHOLE GOD THING...... I AM STARTING TO GET BETTER AT IT. AFTER THE WHOLE GWENDOLYN SURPRISE AND MEDICAL SCARES WE HAD WITH HER...... I DO REALIZE THAT GOD DOES WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE FOR MANY REASONS SOMETIMES IT TAKES YEARS TO REALIZE WHAT THE REASONS ARE BUT HE HAS THEM!
    MRS. LEWIS

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are totally talented at everything aren't you? I am honestly amazed at how you have 4 kids, but still find time to not just try new things, but to make everything you do look so fabulously awesome. THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH FOR ISLA and MADDOX's gifts - I absolutely love it all!!!!!!

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beth I agree...you are very talented. I too wonder how you do it. You always have a picked up- clean house from what I can tell, you're never a screaming yelling mother and you are on top of everything! I had always wanted to do the stuff with my children that you, somehow, make time for. I feel like I have failed along the way and I want to try harder. I KNOW how to do a lot, like sew and crap, but never find the time to do any of that. So I am vowing today to make time to enjoy my children and my "craftiness".
    And no, you are not the only one...I believe that God knows that we as humans have a difficult time letting go, being still. So when we actually do stop and give it over to him it is that much more satisfying, to him and us. Just hang in there.
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! You are funky fresh!