17 November 2010

Hump Day Ear Candy.

photo of Sam Beam by Kevin Wrenn

This fine Wednesday, I am sharing with you 'Iron and Wine', or, more simply, Sam Beam backed by various bands.

His melodies are haunting, his lyrics will stay with you for days.  He's just one cool cat.  Not to mention, the father to FIVE daughters!

I like to call his music bluesy, southern, soul, chill, folk.

It can get a bit funky, but it's always a mood regulator for me.  

This past Saturday, I had the pleasure of accompanying my husband, my sister, and my brother-in-law to see Mr.Beam, and his 'Iron and Wine' live.  {Rosie Thomas helped out with some back up vocals, and she, too, is worth looking into}.

And, yes, I had to go to the show with the 3 plaid losers. 
It was humbling.  :)

The show was beautiful. Stunning, even.  And that man is so gracious to his audience.  It was my pleasure to sit and enjoy.

The following should be enough musical bait to hook you {a Sam staple}...


If that didn't do the trick, here are two songs I shot at The Pageant on Saturday. It's a bit shaky, but the sound ain't too shabby.


I hope you find room on your IPod for a little 'Iron and Wine'.  

I'm pretty sure you won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! You are funky fresh!