24 September 2010

Movers & Shakers.

Carl and Ellie Fredricksen's home from Disney/Pixar's 'Up'

I don't understand these people that are perpetual movers.  {If your job dictates your moves, you are most certainly exempt from that grouping}.  The people that move just to move.  I suppose we moved for no better reason than more space for 4 little bodies that won't stop growing, darn them.  As far as benefits of this move, space, storage, an extra main floor bathroom, a HUGE basement that I have full plans to turn into a roller skating rink, 4 bedrooms, and a rockin' open floor plan {that does require ripping down a wall} are just a few.  In a nutshell, for us it was time, and all the chips fell in just the right spots.

However, I will NEVER do this again.  With the very small exception that I win the lottery and get to restore a monster of a house in Webster Groves or Kirkwood, where the property taxes are insane, but the charm overflows.  In that particular case, I will adopt at least 2 children in need of a good home so that it is busting at the seams with littles.

Let me lay this out in plain English...MOVING SUCKS!

Moving with 4 kids and a pack rat husband REALLY sucks!

Of course, I'm looking forward to a small rehab project, but the steps it's taking to get there are for the birds. I'm not sorry we did it, but man this is testing my limits.

I've read blogs where the families are DIYers like Jake and myself, and some of them have moved 5 times in the last 3 or so years.  Really?  Are there psychotropic drugs in your tap water, people?  Because, frankly, I don't get it.

Bottom line...they will be dragging my dead, lifeless body out of this house.  God willing it's 75 years from now, but either way, this is our 3rd and final home if I have anything to say about it.  And, if eminent domain rocks our world, I will be tying 1000s of balloons on the roof and taking off to Paradise Falls.

So, if you are wanting to move just for poops and giggles, DON'T DO IT!  DON'T!

There, I have told you so.

1 comment:

  1. I whole-heartedly agree about not wanting to move unless neccessary!! And for the record, my mom had the privilege of growing up in Webster Groves and her childhood house was amazing!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! You are funky fresh!