28 August 2010

Quotes and such:


Here are some of my favorites, lately: {I will try and source them the best that I can, I have an obvious favorite origin as of late}

1. Never argue with idiots.  They will drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience.
    -unknown

2.  Whatever it takes...For there are many times, even in households where television is allowed only on weekends, that mothers resort to dirty tactics to claw back those few minutes that will define the success or failure of not just the rest of the day but even the rest of their {children} lives, because sometimes tiny things seem to have enormous resonance.
  - from "Slummy Mummy", by Fiona Neill

3.  In my world everyone is a pony, and they all eat rainbows, and poop butterflies.
    - Katie, "Horton Hears a Who"

4.  Do not trust your memory; it is a net full of holes; the most beautiful prizes slip through it.
     - Thomas Merton

5.  Sometimes it is a question of getting through the days, but then from nowhere come those moments that  you want to preserve forever.
    - "Slummy Mummy", by Fiona Neill

6.  Human existence is the sum of our relationships.  We all want to connect with people.
    - "Slummy Mummy", by Fiona Neill

7.  I think blood must be proof to children that they exist separately from their parents.  A sign that one day
     the travails of life will have to be borne alone.
    - "Slummy Mummy", by Fiona Neill

8.  "Mum, how big is a sperm?" he asked.
     "Tiny," I said.
     "Even if you are a sperm whale?" he asked.
     "Correct," I said, hoping that if I didn't engage, he would choose another moment to embark on this          
      discussion.
     "Can I keep some as a pet?" he asked.
     ***
     "Dad could give you some," said Sam, trying to be helpful.  "He grows them."
     ***
      Sam lives on the light side of life, but for Joe there will always be questions.
     ***
     "I think I'll save up my pocket money and buy some instead," Joe said.
      -"Slummy Mummy", by Fiona Neill


~Obviously, I seem to have gathered many of the above from a book I read awhile back.  It may not seem like it, but it is a very light hearted read.  A very cute novel.  Quite entertaining.

~Oh, and also, I was bored today
I shouldn't have been, but I was.

~That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! You are funky fresh!