16 January 2009

heavy & light.

heavy:
this was given to me by one of Betsy's special ed teachers.

i am sure it touches me on a much deeper level than the common folk, but it is wonderful, nonetheless.

A meeting was held quite far from earth
"It's time again for another birth."
Said the angels to the Lord above,
"This special child will need much love.
Her progress may seem very slow,
Accomplishments she may not show.
And she'll require extra care,
From the people she meets way down there.
She may not run or laugh or play,
Her thoughts may seem quite far away.
In many ways she won't adapt,
And she'll be known as Handicapped.
So let's be careful where she's sent,
We want her life to be content.
Please, Lord, find the parents who,
Will do this special job for you.
They will not realize right away,
The leading role they're asked to play.
But with this child sent from above,
Comes stronger faith and richer love.
And soon they'll know the privilege given,
In caring for this gift from Heaven.
Their precious charge, so meek and mild,
Is Heaven's Very Special Child.
-author unknown


light:
(and random. Plus, I thought you might enjoy this, especially after that festival of depression, above)

Look at all this Gymboree loot I snagged for, right at, $150.00. For Gymboree, that is good. Really good.

sha-weet!







Also, I have started on Mel and Josh's wedding cake toppers. This is the 'draft'. It isn't finished, but I think it is turning out very nice.
Mel's dress has a lace coat over it, similar to this (Jay, do not click that link). I was nervous about how that would translate on these little wooden beauties. There are definitely some things that I will tweak on the REAL one. But, I think, I've got it figured out.
Finally,
my dyno-mite sister figured out how we can watch movies like 'Twilight' (below), among many, many others for free on my computer.
I hope she hasn't voluteered my computer to avoid the FBI showing up at her house.
If we don't download these or burn them, is this illegal? Because it would be nice to know...

Have a
fab weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! You are funky fresh!