27 October 2008

My Guilty Pleasure

Before I had children, reading was one of my most favorite things to do (well, it still is). However, since having children, the time I can devote to it has lessened. Considerably.

Recently, I have discovered the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer. I know, I know, it's in the young adult section, for the love of Lucinda! But, I am a thirty-year-old here to tell you, "It's gooood, people!" Here's why: high school, true love, vampires, werewolves, danger, suspense, romance, action, vampires, werewolves. Did I mention the vampires and werewolves? It doesn't get much better than this. (Okay, so that may be an over-statement...) Anyway, I am currently reading the third in the series of four. WOWZA! That's really all I have to say!

Let me add, I am completely useless when I read. I mean, I still feed and change the kids, but my house is a disaster, and I stay up until, like, 2 in the morning. Come on, I have read almost 1,000 pages about vampires (and werewolves) in the matter of 3 days. Pathetic! I must give a shout out here to a kind, loving, helpful, hunk of man, I call my husband, who allows me to, occasionally, indulge in my beloved pastime.

I was NOT completely comatose this weekend.
We did this:
(as far as the TV goes, Jake and our friend, Danny, did most of it. I supervised, and made sure no one got hurt!)
BEFORE & AFTERS:






*Yes, that is Betsy in her skivvies watching
Pee Wee's Playhouse. It is a classic, and thanks to her, Godfather, Tony, we now have the boxed set. Yipee! By the way, click to enlarge...the look on Pee Wee's face is priceless.








*I painted this for our entry. You likey?
I am not so sure, yet.

FAMILY TIME:
*We went to a pumpkin carving party, at my friend, Christy's parents' house, but the boys would not stand still long enough for any kind of a picture. Plus, lil' Jake gashed his head open five minutes after we got there, my stinkin' camera sucks and ran out of batteries, and Pete pooped his pants (he does that when he's excited)! I don't know if we'll be invited back next year. But, hey, ya' win some & ya' lose some!



So, see, I wasn't totally useless. Maybe.

PS The movie comes out at the end of November. Alright, have I officially crossed the line? Can you say, psycho-obsessive? Watch the trailer here and here. And, don't worry, I will not get in line the day before, but I might dress up like a "bloodsucker" for the debut. We'll see...

2 comments:

  1. Bethy, this is not a crazy little obsession you have because that would mean I'm crazy too and I refuse to go along with that. HA! As for the family room TV console... I'm saving my money!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So is book one still around for friends to borrow? It sounds right up my alley and I'm w/o a book right now.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! You are funky fresh!