29 April 2011

Yes...the Royal Wedding.

that's me in Cambridge, 1999
my love runs deep, people

Go ahead and roll your eyes...and, then,  let me say that I was not a fan of the months of harping on every last detail of the royal nuptials, BUT I knew I would watch with rapture on the big day.  Being the anglophile that I am, it is quite a day for the English.  I have a handful of friends from across the pond, and even though they seemed to be more excited that it's a bank holiday, it seems, in the end, their fondness for the royal family and their peaked curiosity followed suit with the rest of the world.  In fact, on this day I considered myself honorary, proper English.


The other day, I saw these cute, FREE printables from The TomKat Studio, along with a great champagne cupcake recipe from With Style & Grace.  I knew what had to be done.  So, I hosted a little get together for my sister, my niece, Kate, little Ro, and myself.  I would have pictures of us, but I never quite got around to it.  Boo.



I am not ashamed to say I got a little teary.  For me, the whole event was such a pleasant, and positive distraction from the current state of things.  Harmless, good fun.  And, oh my, that dress.  Timeless, modest elegance.

But, now, life returns to normal.  In fact, I'm most interested in closing my eyes for a bit on my favorite pillow du jour before folding some laundry.  How's that for royal?

3 comments:

  1. A friend of mine got her daughter up at 4am.

    She's 5 years old, and very into princesses.

    They had tea, hand made scones, and ate off the fine china, while they watched the festivities unfold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this...I was just as enamored. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was not paying any attention to the pre-wedding news, planning, etc. etc. but then the big day came and I couldn't help but get caught up in the pomp, circumstance, and sweetness of it. And I agree with you the fact that something beautiful and nice was being broadcast all over the world. Still reminds us that we can celebrate what is sacred and lovely in our world. I wish them the very best! Cute idea for a party too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! You are funky fresh!