11 January 2011

Average people are cool.

Once again, I would like to thank Heather at "Blessed Little Nest" for the header help.  I was really at an impass, and couldn't creatively translate what I wanted on my own this time.  I think she nailed it.  She also tweaked my new tagline a bit, and I lurv it!

So, on that same thread, I will share with you the 'average' peoples' anthem.  "Where Have All the Average People Gone?", written by Roger Miller, performed by Mr.Scott Avett, and, yes, I met that handsome man.  Scott Avett, not Roger Miller. {Lyrics below, and I hope I'm not the only one that can identify.}



The people in this city call me country,
Because of how I walk and talk and smile.
Well I don't mind them laughing in the city,
But the country folks all say I'm citified.

The fighting men they say that I'm a coward.
Because I never push no one around.
Gentle people call me trouble-maker,
Cause I'll always fight and stand my ground.

Funny I don't fit.
Where have all the average people gone?

Some pious people point and call me sinner,
Because to them I've never seen the lights.
Other folks think of me as a preacher.
I'm just doing what I think is right.

The wealthy people think that I'm a hobo,
Lean and hungry, writing mournful songs.
And the poor, poor people think I'm a rich man,
But really, I'm just trying to get along.

Its funny I don't fit.
Tell me where have all the average people gone?

And the government has given me a number,
To simplify my birth and life and death.
And still my woman thinks I'm awful important,
Like the moon and the sun and the sea and the sky and breath.

Yes, its funny I don't fit.
Where have all the average people gone?

It's funny I don't fit,
Where have all the average people gone?

3 comments:

  1. LOVE the new look! very "above average" ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a little behind and just catching up on your blog posts! So happy you decided to keep on keepin' on! Love the new look - very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the way you put it all together! you did a great job. making your header was so fun, so thanks for letting me help you create your new space.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! You are funky fresh!