05 February 2009

All you need is love.

Times Square; 14 August 1945 - VJ Day. (C) Copyright 2000-2005 Getty Images, Inc. All rights reserved.

I was strolling around blog-land this afternoon, and stumbled upon several things that tickled my fancy. Let me explain...

I have been thinking, lately, that I am blah. Not down in the dumps or anything. Just, oh, I don't know... I have no get up and go. No oomph! I am perfectly content to just BE! However, this feeling, certainly, doesn't come without a price.

The price to be paid is steep, to be sure. Because, once purchased, you receive, 1 dirty house (dirty houses bother me, tremendously), 4 bored kids (and bored kids make huge messes), 147 piles (laundry piles, paper piles, junk piles, you name it piles), 17 just-about-empty pantry shelves (I loathe BIG grocery trips), and 1 disgruntled husband (we all know what that's like).

The 'man' is put out for good reason. Because, with this mood, you also get a severe lack of spice in the boudoir. And, men like it hot...the hotter, the better. Am I right, ladies?

The thing is, I know that he is just as tired as I am. Maybe, more so. And, when it's all said and done, as we near the end of our (God willing) long life together, I would rather say that I had a lotta lovin' goin' on rather than a whole lotta of sleepin' goin' on. You know what I mean?

Plus, speaking from my own experience, the more intimacy going on, the more everything else seems to fall into place. The kids are happier, the house is cleaner, the grocery shopping and laundry all seem to get done without much thought, finances aren't worried about to quite the same degree they normally are, the husband walks with a spring in his step. Things are just plain better.

Wowza! Theoretically, it just makes sense.

So, what's the problem?

Enough excuses! It's time to buck up and recommit myself to the best thing about marriage...SEX! Yes, I just said sex! And, I am encouraging all 5 of my readers to do the same...you know who you are! "Less sleep, more lovin'" will be our new mantra.

So, thank you to 'The Diaper Diaries' (affectionately calling this the "The 1 Corinthians 7:5 Challenge", and 'we are THAT family' (creator of the "SWAK Valentine's Carnival" ) for not hiding behind, what I like to call, the "life is a libido killer" issue. Most importantly, thank you to Glenda of 'Piper Paradise' (my lovely 'Sassy & Flirty Apron Swap' partner) for having a link to a post concerning this very topic. (Good gravy, that sounded like an Oscar acceptance speech.)

By the way, here is 1 Corinthians 7:5...
So do not deprive each other of sexual relations. The only exception to this rule would be the agreement of both husband and wife to refrain from sexual intimacy for a limited time, so they can give themselves more completely to prayer. Afterward they should come together again so that Satan won’t be able to tempt them because of their lack of self-control. (1 Cor. 7:5, NLT)



...seriously, that's from the Bible. Can you deal with that?

Here's to amour!

3 comments:

  1. LOL. glad to be one of the FIVE readers beth! :) i've had NO get up and go either. quite the lazy one ... and, therefore, i too have the messy house, etc ... i feel ya!

    thanks for your comment on my blog too. good to see i have TWO blog-readers ... i am almost up to your five! hahaha! i too heart routine ... but somedays i am even too tired for that!!

    here's to days with no excuses! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beth,
    I am glad that you posted this blog on FB. I may not have read it otherwise. I am in the exact same place. Messy house, bored kids, etc... I am going to jump on board too! You are right... everything does just seem to fall into place when there is a lot of lovin' going on! Thanks for giving me the motivation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I MUST SAY YOU ARE RIGHT! ROSE RAISED ONE GOOD GIRL! GRANDMA NELL IS LOOKING DOWN WITH A BIG SMILE ON HER FACE! I HAVE JUMPED ON BOARD! THINGS ARE WAY BETTER! IT'S TRUE WHEN THEY SAY ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE AND YOU WILL BE OKAY! IT THIS HARD TIME I AM FEEING RATHER UP AND KNOW THE BEST IS YET TO COME! THANKS FOR ALL THE SUPPORT AND LOVE YOU ALWAYS GIVE! LOVE YA! MRS. LEWIS

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! You are funky fresh!